Adding an oil pressure gauge.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Where do I install the line for an oil pressure gauge I want to add to our '86 E-350?:dunno
Thanks in advance for your help.

Happy New Year everybody!

Burt (a bitter-clinging to his guns, Bible believer, Constitution supporter, Florida *******).

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
there are several places to tap into for a gage, most add a T to the factory sending unit in the back top of the engine. it is on a little adapter that shoots straight up from the block behind the intake manifold.

alternativly there are a couple of 1/8 pipe plugs that are on the side of the block a little forward of the bell housing.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Since it's a van, it's going to be easier to work at the factory sending unit. I just have to remove the dog house.
I'm going back to NAPA to find a T that will fit right there.
Thanks a lot.
Burt.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
A very smart guy (Russ) told me to pipe the sending unit off of those plugs near the bellhousing and to remote locate it with a grease gun line so the motor doens't shake the sending unit apart. I have said line and just need said unit and gauge and I will be doing an actual oil pressure gauge myself. Probably after I finish my front and rear bumpers and my intercooler that is...

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I used the factory oil pressure sender. I used a npt Tee that i got from home depot. I plugged the factory sender into the top of the tee and ran my tubing off the side of the tee. that way the factory gauge still "works", if nothing else keeping the engine light off

heres a suggestion. if you plan on using a mechanical gauge, therefor running oil into the cab, put a ball valve right after the tee. It doesnt bother me one bit running fuel and oil into the cab, but if something did ever happen, all I would need to do is shut off the valve and I could keep on trucking. or in your case vanning.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I used the factory oil pressure sender. I used a npt Tee that i got from home depot. I plugged the factory sender into the top of the tee and ran my tubing off the side of the tee. that way the factory gauge still "works", if nothing else keeping the engine light off

heres a suggestion. if you plan on using a mechanical gauge, therefor running oil into the cab, put a ball valve right after the tee. It doesnt bother me one bit running fuel and oil into the cab, but if something did ever happen, all I would need to do is shut off the valve and I could keep on trucking. or in your case vanning.

Vanning?:rotflmao

Thanks for the suggestions. Very useful.

Burt.