Adding 2-stroke oil to the Fuel >>>

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I run 20oz 2cycle mixed with 6oz Diesel Kleen. What I always wonder is if it mixes with the fuel or lays on the bottom of the tank. I put it in before I fill up but there is always fuel left in the tank so I wonder if the fuel going in is mixing with the additive completely.:confused:

It does mix good, I know when I opened up my pump to turn it up all the fuel that drained out had a blueish tint to it.
I mixed some 2 stroke with PS cetane boost over the winter & it must have done something because it ran like MAD. EGTs were up but it would climb hills without effort. Then on the next tank things settled back down to normal.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it quiets the injectors and probably burns a little smoother. Oil doesnt burn as "easily" as diesel fuel, so it probably does retard the timing ever so slightly.
And that's all fine and good...as long as over time it's not causing carbon/soot build up on the GP's (or) gumming up the injectors etc.

72f2504x4390

Reaction score
You guys can run lots more than that without worrying.
50% hydraulic oil runs fine, even in 25 degree weather.

When I was running 2 stroke, I just dumped a quart in per tank. Made it easy and its cheap.

Tommy

Reaction score
I mix an ounce to a gallon of fuel of the Super tech and it does quiet it down.But what about winter ,will it gell up.I`ve still got half a case of Standardyne left over can those two be mixed.Any comments will be helpfull!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been mixing two-stroke with every tank for quite some time.

For optimum pump lubrication, a ratio of ounce/gallon is about ideal.

I notice no difference in EGT or "sluggishness".

I use it year round in all my trucks.

In winter, I keep adding the two-stroke plus white-jug PowerService.

I have a measuring-cup graduated in liquid-ounces.

I saved a bunch of quart-size long-neck MarvelMysteryOil bottles that are ideal for pouring into fuel-tanks without dripping and spilling; I never throw away my bottles, using them over and over.

Any long-neck bottles will work, such as HEET, STP fuel additive, etc.

I guesstimate how much fuel I will need, then I pre-mix the two-stroke (and PowerService if it is winter), topping the bottle off with clean fuel to thin the two-stroke and aid in pouring.

I mix each bottle for twenty-gallons of fuel, in order to have room in the bottle to top it off with fuel.

I keep several pre-mixed/twenty-gallon bottles in the truck for those times I fuel away from home.

I have used both yellow-jug Pennzoil Universal Two-Stroke TC-W3 and Walmart blue-jug SuperTech Outboard TC-W3 and can see no difference in either for my purposes of pump lubrication.

ONLY USE Two-Cycle/Two-Stroke oils rated TC-W3 for mixing with diesel.

The two-stroke mixes readily with diesel and stays mixed, regardless of the ratio.

It also mixes with any of the better anti-gels and conditioners.

Two-stroke oil is used in snow-mobiles, boats, and chainsaws in temperatures of 40-below; it is not going to gel .

I performed some tests in my -20* deep-freeze.

After being in the freezer over-night, an ounce/gallon mixture of two-stroke/diesel was less cloudy/waxy than a mixture of PowerService/diesel.

A mixture of two-stroke and PowerService in diesel was not noticably different than just the two-stroke/diesel.

The pure diesel was almost one solid clump of gel.

Before using the two-stroke, I was using PowerService/MarvelMysteryOil mix; I had two trucks with steady fuel drips from the injection-pump, probably due to ULSD fuel.

Both were leaking bad enough that I was planning on pulling the pumps and re-sealing them.

A couple days after I started using the two-stroke oil, the leaks dried up and haven't leaked any since, saving me the time/trouble of sealing the pumps.;Sweet

Last edited:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mix an ounce to a gallon of fuel of the Super tech

That ounce/gallon is ideal and sufficient for optimum pump lubrication.

It will burn straight two-stroke, but there is no need to unless two-stroke is cheaper than diesel.

But what about winter ,will it gell up.

NO, actually it helps to prevent gelling.

Two-stroke is meant for use in chainsaws, snowmobiles, boats, etc. at temperatures colder than forty-below; many of those engines are "oil-injected", meaning the two-stroke is not pre-mixed with the gas, so it cannot gel in a stand-alone reservoir, nor in the oil-injection system.

I`ve still got half a case of Standardyne left over can those two be mixed.Any comments will be helpfull!

Two-stroke will mix readily with any of the petroleum-based fuel-additives and should not harm any anti-gelling properties of the treatment.

Read my post above.

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
im gonna be switching to 2 stroke for lube also. currently im using lucus upper cylinder and at $30 per gallon, id be happier with a cheaper substitute that helped as an anti gel too.