About to buy a Powerstroke..

Zaairman

Built Tahiti Tough
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site. I've been on F150online for a few years now. Anyways, time to upgrade from the 150. I just found a 2000 F-250 7.3 ZF-6 4x4. Ext cab short bed, Lariat, black with tan leather. 139K miles. I'm about to buy it. Carfax came back clean. It runs good, drives good, shifts good, etc. Anything special I need to know? I know these trucks like to eat up ball joints...

Here's a few pics of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a really clean truck with relatively low miles. What're they asking for it?

Oh yeah, welcome to OB.net.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice clean looking truck.

You can go to Kelly Blue Book's website to make sure you aren't taking a bath on the purchase price.

As far as problems/concerns.......
  • Ball joint, most problems I hear about are related to the factory joints but hear no complaints from people that replace them with MOOG ball joints.
  • Good Maintenance and use of the proper oil is important on the Powerstroke or it will get real expensive, real fast.
  • 139,000 miles isn't much on these engines if maintained properly, mine has 327,000 miles on it and still looked new inside when I had it out last month.
  • Run the proper anti freeze and maintain the SCA levels to prevent cavitation and block worm
Not much else I can tell you. Good luck with your decision.

Zaairman

Built Tahiti Tough
Reaction score
139,308 miles on the bad boy. They're asking a little above Private Party value... I'm hoping to pay a bit under private party value. I just ran a Carfax and an OASIS on it. It's had one owner since new. One minor accident, no frame or airbag damage. Only thing that came up in the OASIS was the rotors were turned in 2000. ;Sweet

Zaairman

Built Tahiti Tough
Reaction score
Thats a sharp rig,I hope you get the deal you're looking for:thumbsup:

Well, the dealer screwed me over on that truck, but I just put a depost down on this truck

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

2000 F-250 Lariat PSD automatic 4x4. 95,854 miles. Getting it for $13,700. :thumbsup: Running boards are coming off right away, as is the chrome light covers. Other than that, it's sweeeeeeeeeet!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck for a second runner up.