A reason to Go Parts Shopping @ The Yards

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well isn't that special.. I figured someone was attempting to overcharge for that simple sender. I still can't see spending that amount when they are nearly free in the pick n pulls round here..:angel:
Thanks again for finding a cheaper listing. Probably might even find it on ebay too.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I got some free. New in IH boxes :D

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
OK, Gary... plz clue me. The Puredieselpower description says this switch screws into the water pump? Every water pump I've ever seen on these engines just has a plug in that hole.

And I can't find this switch on any diagrams I'm looking at. (Total coincidence?: I have no fast idle at startup since last engine re-install....) :confused:

suv7734

Reaction score
This is the switch just behind the thermostat housing.

Attachments

• coldidlesender1.jpg
    coldidlesender1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 64

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Unplugged.. Well sometimes the pressure of all the electrons going thru the plug and wires will blow them off the senders....:D Said with tounge in cheek.. Well at least it was an inexpensive fix for you.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Thx much, Gary. Yeah, as I stare a plastic tub full of waiting parts and brace for a visit to the block & head shop with a leaky exhaust valve (well past 6 month warranty), nice to have a quick-n-easy fix. :confused:

I, too, will nab a few of these little switches at PnP. Only encountered 1 IDI between 2 locations in recent days, though. :dunno

I do have a return leak right next to that plug, so I could just say it slipped off cuz it was oily around there..... (Yeah, right!) LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online