A loss in the Leonard family

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I sold my 78 today to an 74 year old man, This will be his 7th 78-79 truck and will be stored in a 100x80 controled enviroment pole barn so I know it went to good hands. Now to pay off that darn discover card and start looking for a 4 door 73-79. I'm thinking I'll chop the frame and put on a short box stepside and have the only 79 short box supercrew diesel dually.:D Yes I know but building them is half the fun.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well, not sure if congrats or condolances are in order but dang that sure was a beautiful truck.:thumbsup:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Congratulations, the truck was beautiful but there was little to do to it with out a scratch so now You can start with something new and this time way better.:thumbsup:

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Tim,
I know you feel a hollow feeling in the pit of your stomach when you look in the garage and see it gonecookoo , but - - - GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! Now you det to do what you love. BUILD SOMETHING NEW!! I know you were going to trick out the truck I bought, but now, you've got the room & the bucks!

So get out there and build another one to make the rest of us drool!:hail :hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like Rob, I'm confused, but I'm going to assume this was your rally truck. Keep us posted on the next project!

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Yes I sold the truck in my avatar and it went harder than I thought. Chuck your right on that hollow feeling in the pit in the stomach . The worst part about it is it's still in my garage because the man doesn't want to drive it in the rain so he's booked a motel locally until the weather clears. I like a fool went into the garage to say good bye and was glad no one was around to see my display of emotion. I will build another someday but I know I'll never replace that one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't die in a year and his 16 year old nephew inherits it. :eek:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't die in a year and his 16 year old nephew inherits it. :eek:

just tell him to leave it to you in his will.......i am sorry you had to sell it. never saw it in person but it looked like a sweet truck and one that could inspire someone else to build theirs.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, that is my favorite body, if I still had my 79 SC It would have IDI power in it

rubberfish

Reaction score
From the pics I've seen of it, it sure looked good. ;Sweet
Nothing against the idi that's in it right now,
but that'd be the first thing I did to it. As
soon as I got it home. It'd be outta there. :shake:
Oh well, it's nice to dream. Hope the new owners happy. :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Toledo Tim!:eek: That had to be hard to do!:( What a great, great truck. I know that hurts, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm getting the "next project" bug myself. I'm thinking of doing something stupid, like repowering one of these things with a DT466 (with a little Hypermax Bombing).cookoo I've got a lot of research to do and I've haven't found a truck yet to kick the project off.

Hope you come around the board a lot and keep us posted.

Heath