94 F150 valve train

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys whats up, haven't posted in a while but I got a quick question, my truck has some slight valve rattle when i crank it up after it had sit for a while like when it cools down, like all the oil in the valve train went back down through the filter into the oil pan, I just recently started using a Napa oil filter instead of my usual valvoline or FRAM high protection, I was reading on the fram box that their filters have a one way valve that closes so it keeps the oil in the valve train so u don't get a dry start, I started using this Napa filter and I think its getting a dry start but I'm not sure if it's the oil filter or oil pump, god I hope it's not the oil pump... any suggestions on what it is??? oil pump or oil filter???? like i said it only rattles for like 4 seconds when the motor cranks up.

lemme know.

thanks

Ken,

btw. its a 300 I6 is the motor in my F150

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
could be the lifters bleeding down after sitting. i use only motorcraft fl-1a filters, that have a solicon anti-drain valve and since then i dont have any noises with either 300 (both my 93 and my dads 95 have em). if not a motorcraft then a napa gold, which is a reboxed wix filter.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think imma give it an oil change tomorrow and use a motorcraft or FRAM high millage filter tomorrow and see what happens..