93 f350 hot idel trouble and hi rpm miss

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
this is my latest project it does have air getting in the fuel system. i hve almost got that under controle very slight leek comeing from cheep orings no big deal its one injector i under stand it causes starting ishues leaking ther. but what would cause it to miss. im thinking im getting air in befor the lift pump but that would make it extreamly hard to start and would probly randomly carp out going down the road like every outher truck iv had with a fuel leek befor the lift pump. im confused . also temp sensor is not working. starts ok not great runs great just runs like its getting shots of air every once in a wile its like supper sensitive go pedel easy then slam it takes off . idk any ideas ? im planing a new lift pump and new hose since every thing was soaked in oil when i got the truck

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The surging is air in the fuel. Still getting in from somewhere.

The miss at higher RPM may be a fuel supply problem..... weak lift pump, restriction in supply line, bad leak.

Heath

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cummins was doing almost the exact same thing and it turned out that the injectors were letting compression back down the lines and pressurizing the injection pump with air ... I had 4 out of 6 injectors doing this and could hardly get it to run at the end ... I bought a set of 40+ hp injectors from fleabay and it runs great now ... I would reccomend isolating the source of air for absolute and go from there... I cracked my lines between the inj. pump and lift pump and it was clean .. but my return line was extremely foamy with air ... I tell ya I banged my head against the wall on this one and finaly took all inj. lines off and cranked the engine over and compression was blowing from some of the injectors ... I hope this helps ...

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
guess im still at a loose of where the air is getting in at but the weather is going down hill hear again so im gonna hafta get it in side only problem with a dually the fenders dont fit thrue the doors in to my barn lol

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess im still at a loose of where the air is getting in at but the weather is going down hill hear again so im gonna hafta get it in side only problem with a dually the fenders dont fit thrue the doors in to my barn lol
Only the first time through the door