'90 F250 4x4 Front Suspension

CJCJ

chooglin
Reaction score
Well the front leafs are in. Bought them from Benz Springs in PDX. About 1.5 hours per side. With the old springs there was a good amount of negative camber and 5/8" clearance on the snubbers. With the new springs there is 1 3/4" clearance on the snubbers and decent amount of positive camber. Ride height is now equal between front and rear. I should have replaced those springs as soon as I bought the truck. I'm sure hitting the snubbers for the last 6 months hashed some front end components. I'll tackle the ball joints tomorrow and look to get an alignment on Monday.

CJCJ

chooglin
Reaction score
Well the ball joints are in. Spindles came right off no problem, small alignment issues pressing the new ones in with the tool, proper socket worked like butter. Well needless to say the difference is night and day. No more hitting the snubbers. There is some popping in the front now. TTB bracket rivets?

Question. I see in the maintenance chart that the spindles need to be greased every 3000 miles. Is there a zirq for this?

Also, not a big fan of the bearing locknut torque procedure that is in the Haynes manual. Tighten to xxxlbs then back off "approximately" 90 degrees. The proccess worked perfect on one side but the other is a bit tight after 2 attempts. Going back out for a 3rd attempt.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the input. Saved 1,000's in labor due to the graciousness of the people involved here. Thank You! ;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
i have brand new front leaf springs in my truck and still only have about a 1/2-3/4" clearance to the bump stop. i am going to put an add-a-leaf in so it rides a little better and i can clear the 315's i have waiting to go on.

i have a list from my accident of front end parts. pretty much everything replaced all the way to the camber adjusters!

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am going to put an add-a-leaf in so it rides a little better and i can clear the 315's i have waiting to go on.
I tracked down a 93-94 F350 one day at the strip mall... Nice big tires on there... they were 315's, well actually 35's and the guy said NO lift... all factory. I'm a waiting on that Great deal from craigslist to get mine...

sootman73

Reaction score
ya the 350's are taller. my 250 will need a slight lift in the front and some of the front bumper cut but still not too bad for getting 35's in there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online

No members online now.