89-93 1st gen with 72-77 body panels

Adamlee

Kung Pao Master
Reaction score
Well, I sure like to stir up the stuff, don't I? Never to be satisfied with "the way things are", just wondering out loud here whether anyone can share ideas/thoughts/images of successful body panel swaps to make an 89-93 Dodge "transform" into an old '70's PowerWagon.....I absolutely love the muscle car look of the 77 W200 that I used to own. Actually, it was a 77 M-880 military pickup.....might could scrape up a pic here to show....;Sweet

the idea here is to find out if there have been any decent early sheetmetal transplants onto later cabs & chassis, since the basic underpinnings are the same.

Adam Lee

Attachments

• adamsm880_982.jpg
    adamsm880_982.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 24
  • m880_168.jpg
    m880_168.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 30
  • wintercars_306.jpg
    wintercars_306.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 21

dpaqu

Reaction score
I imagine it would be easier to find a good pre-emissions truck and swap in the drivetrain and associated components. I see a lot of trucks with good engines but with the body/chassis falling apart around them.

Mp4406

Reaction score
body swap

I personaly swaped the drivetrain into a 78 extended cab. Lots of minor changes. As far as swapping the older body pannels they bolt on the same way as the new ones. leaving the cab the same will get around 20-30 hrs of mods! The only other mods are around the grill and valance. The newer core support is a little diff but some minor cutting for the ac clearance will b in order. Even the old bumper fits without any issues! As an owner of one I think u should do it! Not that hard.