87 F250 won't start ***

MMeier

Reaction score
I have no spark but plenty of fuel. I have changed almost all of the electrial compontents just not the main computer board. I don't know what else to do. Any comments?:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the TFI module has been changed out and still no spark, take a mirror and check out the connector the TFI plugs into on the dist. If you see any creeping green death boogers, the hall effect sensor assy needs replacement. Get a dist gear while you're at it, and check for indexing. The installed one often shatters upon removal.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas then. The coil sparking? Injectors clicking? I haven't seen that generation Ford blow their ECM's, but there's always a first.

MMeier

Reaction score
We read that when checking the 2 wires going into the coil, that one should be "pulsing".. going off and on while cranking, both sides show a steady supply of voltage when cranking...:dunno Kinda hard to get to injectors but we smell fuel and can see the supply line pulse and fill with pressure. Have spark checker hooked also, no sparky!!! -cuss ford pile!!!

MMeier

Reaction score
FYI just found out

the relay for the computer on the inner fender well has no hot lead to it. We jumped a hot lead to it and it tried to start. Then we found out the fuel pump in the gas tank it bad.

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
I wish I'd have seen this earlier in the week...

Two tools you should not be without, a Power Probe and a Logic Probe

save your ass a lot of time troubleshooting electrical problems

MMeier

Reaction score
Update!!

Well, between a ground wire coming off the EEC relay and a couple of in jector harness wires grounding out on the AIR tubes next to the manifold, it looks like the piece is roadworthy for the most part. Went on a cross town jaunt tonight and it made it back!! .... without the use of a tow chain for once !!!!:rotflmao