86 6.9 issue (stumped)

AKCody

Reaction score
Alright guys, any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck on which route to go.

The truck is a 86 250 6.9

Yesterday I did return lines and fuel filter. Bled the air out of all the lines. Crank no start. Verified fuel filter full of fuel, and all lines are wet. Tested lift pump and FSS. Both tested fine. No power to the injection pump. Truck has new batteries and cables, new return lines. Battery box hooked up, spinning good. Haven't tested compression yet but it was a good runner two months ago.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try jumping power to the FSS (be ready to pull the wire to shut it off). If that works, it's in the wiring, ignition switch, fuse link, etc.

gandalf

Reaction score
Run a jumper wire straight across to the FSS and crank?

That's about it. Run a jumper from the positive battery terminal to the FSS, the front spade connection on the IP (front being toward the front of the truck). Hook that up and crank. If it starts, know that you can run the engine that way, drive that way, do everything but shut it down with the ignition key. To shut the engine off you have to pull that jumper.

Where are you in Alaska?

AKCody

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, been pulling my hair out with this rig lately. Mat su valley.

AKCody

Reaction score
Which terminal the yellow single wire or red 2 wire?
You must be registered for see images attach

AKCody

Reaction score
Still no power to the key. Put a brand new ignition switch in it and still nothing. All fuses under dash look good.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a fuseable link over by the passenger side headlight/battery. Most all the power to the truck goes through a fuseable link..

@icanfixall has a post about fuseable link issues.

AKCody

Reaction score
So my buddy and I are over here poking everything with a test light. Cleaned the grounds, still no power to the fuse box or anywhere. Fusible link next to the solenoid is intact. Any other idea

AKCody

Reaction score
So a friend and I started tracing power back from the battery while looking at service manual, found a broken wire to the starter solenoid :) boom **** missile lives. Thank you to all for the assistance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86