78-79 & 87-91 Front leafs and a set of 91 rears

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I've been looking at SOME of my spring packs I have Hmmmm...

Looks like my 78/9 FRONT springs are LONGER than the 87-91's I have

Also notice how the front fixed mount is, I was originally planning on this mod for a RSK for myself on the cheap:love: cause I'm well cheap:eek:

So from here you can see some of the differences. One thing is my rear single spring seen here is within 1/2" of length of the 78/9 front shown

3 leaf 78/9 F250 SC 4x HP D44HD

2 leaf 87/91 one ton CC 4x HP D60

1 leaf is from a rear spring pack for 87-91 one ton CC 4x

You must be registered for see images attach

Close up of forward mount 78/9 leaf

Just a few bits of springs I have FLOATIN around my place. Notice 03 SD shock's towers and mounts

So that's what I am playing with today amongst other things.
Just measuring some stuff and working on a few things I've had to deal with.

Hmmm Re Arch those 78/9 springs for lift and then make them fit my 1ton??? I'm going to ask about this..

Thanks for looking.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are your plans for the Dog turds???:rotflmao
Couldn't resist. Sorry.

So what are you trying to accomplish? A softer ride up front? Cheap and easy lift? I'm a little lost. It is interesting that the springs are all so close in length. What are you trying to frankenstein these for?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dog turds are just drying out before I get round to stick n shovel procedure...then they don't stick to the damn rocks!

Just thinking of how to utilize parts I have for truck is all.

All I was doing was making a visual observation and showing differences no major point or decisions goin on here.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I'm all for FYI threads. I learned something new today. It's easier to remove dog turds after they dry. :D

Oh and looks like there are a lot of similarities between the different springs on the trucks over the years. I could see lots of interesting mix and match possibilities. I'm all for working with what I have on hand. Been doing things that way for a long time. The 78/9 springs are a little narrower right? I would think that would make them a little softer. No diesel then either so at best they were big block springs.