70mm turbo and propane on 6.9

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool I look forward to it. Maybe even show how erratic the pyrometer is too. Its kinda weird that it acts like that...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Hey, you have the same retarded pyro issue as I do, by the looks of it. When you use your blinkers or turn on your lights it will drop to zero then come back up...

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
My pyro in the old truck would turn off when I put it in 4x4, which was handy because I didnt really want to look at it anyway. Weird stuff.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
on the pyro... run a ground to the block of the the engine, mine used to do all sorts of funky junk and I called autometer and one of their techs told me that any pyro should be grounded to the engine block. when grounded to the cab interference from other electrical circuits will wreak havoc on it

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck does look good. And wow. Its cool that your boost is hitting that well. Also, I bet redneckaggie is right. You might have interference. I never even thought of it being that. I was stuck on it being propane. Lol. But it is probably cus you are getting interference from the propane setup itself.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck does look good. And wow. Its cool that your boost is hitting that well. Also, I bet redneckaggie is right. You might have interference. I never even thought of it being that. I was stuck on it being propane. Lol. But it is probably cus you are getting interference from the propane setup itself.

It is the propane setup that is making it do it. It must be when the solenoid clicks on. The radio, gauges, and propane all share a ground now.

Thanks a lot for the tip redneckaggie.;Sweet I'll ground it to the block and see what happens.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the propane setup that is making it do it. It must be when the solenoid clicks on. The radio, gauges, and propane all share a ground now.

Thanks a lot for the tip redneckaggie.;Sweet I'll ground it to the block and see what happens.

Glad you could figure that out man. Seems like an easy fix.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance