7.3 with Banks Sidewinder Install

Tyee II

Reaction score
I am about to install a 7.3 with the Banks Sidewinder in my 92 F350 5 speed truck. All of the Banks Exhaust components are currently on the engine and the question is will it install with these in place or will I be better off disassembling and going back thru the turbo install process once the engine is in place and bolted up to the transmission ?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just set a motor in place with the uppipe attached but that was no front clip and bare firewall.

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just set a motor in place with the uppipe attached but that was no front clip and bare firewall.

I did the same last year with the radiator support out. Make sure to bend the lip back on the firewall and cut away the insulation as per the fitting instructions before placing the engine in. The brace with the slot that ties the up pipe to one of the top left bolts on the bell housing was a PITA from memory. I had to fit spacers behind the bottom of that bracket. I fitted the turbo and cross over after it was in. I was worried about damaging it. If it's a new kit, once you get everything up and running you may want to get the join in the crossover pipe welded. I couldn't ever get mine to seal.