7.3 IDI doesn´t shut off via ignition key - anymore

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting closer to be finally able to get the truck on the road again.
Due to that I need to fix some issues for daily driving convenience :)

Since my "special garage" took care of my truck the ignition key does not work anymore. I need to unhook the FSS line every time.

Story:
Truck ran fine. Garage (very very likely) junpstarted the truck with 24volt :idiot:
After that the transmission did only work in 1 gear and reverse, both batteries dead, alternator dead and ignition swith "dead".

I read already some threads about that - but failures mostly due to other thinks, not idiots.

• I know that mechanical issues are possible via a linkage inside the column. unlikely in my case.
  • I know/ heard that there is an "ignition switch" inside or below the column. Where ist that located? Can this be tested? As this is an electrical thing, it ca be damaged via overvoltage - right?
Any other idea to look for?

I do need to fix this - as I wouldn´t get a renew of street legal testing (all 2 years in Germany, so called "TÜV")! Not sure if its legal to replace it with a switch that goes into the line to the FSS [my guess is this could be a dirty workaround).

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be anyone here Who knows where the "Relais" is - right, and how to fix?

In addition I have a more or less constantly blowing fuse. The green 30 amp one in the middle of the box:
You must be registered for see images

http://www.derjackistweg.de/hdr-23/

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Shouldn't be much of a relay. Just the Solenoid on the fender behind the passenger battery.
Next would be the ignition switch itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online