6 port tank selector valve questions

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
1995 CCLB, dual tanks.

I wasn't paying attention when I pulled the tank selector valve off :rolleyes:, and now that I'm in the middle of my swap, I need to know which lines go where. From memory, when the valve is facing the front, the bottom ports go to the engine, the middle (front facing) ports go to the rear tank, and the top ports go to the front take.

Is this correct?

I read my alldata info, but it just has a picture, and doesn't say which way is which. I know the guru's here do though ;Sweet

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
anyone?

I'm stumped. What's the easiest way to test them and figure out which port goes where?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
not completely sure if they are the same since yours is a powersmoke but i can check my 94 idi tonight and let you know.

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
figured it out wih some mouth pressure and a 12v power supply. with the ports facig toward the front of the truck, the bottom is the output (to engine). the top is or the rear tank, and the middle is for the front tank. easy peasy.

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
quick clarification (this needs verification though) the valve should face the rear of the truck when it's installed. otherwise the rear tank lines cover the electrical connector.

hoe this is clear as mud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes