6.9 question

zx2

Reaction score
So how much does this thing weigh. If I have to buy a cherry picker to pull it out i don't want it to break half way through.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
zx2 said:
So how much does this thing weigh. If I have to buy a cherry picker to pull it out i don't want it to break half way through.

1200lbs and you will have to have the picker nearly all the way out to pull the engine.Those cheap Harbor freight jobbers ain't gonna cut it.Your not gonna like the price you gonna pay for one that will do the job without having to have a buddy stand on teh back as extra counter balance.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these suckers are heavy. pull the radiator support to make life easier. I would guess fully dressed wieght around 1500lbs.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yep heavy.
When pulling the motor for the Beef, I had borrowed my buddies heavy duty cherry picker. It is 2,000 lb rated at the shortest lift and 1,200 lbs at the longest reach. He said that i could not afford the price to replace it as it also doubles as a truck lift. ;Sweet
With the front wheels off and the truck sitting on the ground it was all the picker could do to get the motor out with just the DMF attached. :eek:
Didn't try to remove the core supprt as the rust was pretty prevalent and didn't want any other issues. Now 4x4 that will be a different story. :backoff

zx2

Reaction score
Thanx guys, I am not sure I can handle that weight alone. That will be a lot heavier than anything I have done to date. If i do it I will be pulling the entire front clip of to. I need to straighten the frame a bit thanx to a Camero.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
zx2 said:
Thanx guys, I am not sure I can handle that weight alone. That will be a lot heavier than anything I have done to date. If i do it I will be pulling the entire front clip of to. I need to straighten the frame a bit thanx to a Camero.

Ouch,hate to see the Cramero if it bent your frame...

zx2

Reaction score
I hit it right behind the passenger side front tire. She was scooting fast enough to bend both frame rails and moved the front end over about two or three inches. The bent in front of the suspension so i had the wheels aligned, chained down the hood and have just driven it. The Camero was driven away but i had to beat on mine with a sledge hammer for awile to get the passenger side fender out of my new tire.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
want to cough up some details on your truck? 2wd ? 4wd? what year? I am going to be killing of some pretzel-free frames in the next month. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.