6.9 lift pump help

OlStinky

Reaction score
hi there. new to the and am getting desperate. i've got a lift pump leak. the only replacement i can find has a longer push arm than the one that is in it now. any help would be fantastic.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different manufactures build parts different , but are still designed to work correctly. Where you got the pump did they say it fits if so use it.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
All the replacement mechanical lift pumps have a different shaped lever. The original pumps had a “dogleg” shaped arm. The new replacements have an almost straight arm. This is why you have to make sure to get the new pumps arm under the cam lobe. There are several threads about this, and some with pictures. The only way you are going to get one that looks like the original one is if you can find a NOS sitting on a shelf.

OlStinky

Reaction score
thanks guys. ha really sets my mind at ease. well here we go. i will let you know how things go.

OlStinky

Reaction score
cant thank you guys enough. removed the alternator belt and the vacuum pump and got great access to lift pump. took a little bit of work and some stickem on the new gasket, but i was able to get it done. leak all gone. thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online