6.9 injector problem

lewisusmc93

Reaction score
Well I'm doing the simple task of replacing my injectors and one of them happened to unscrew in the middle and half of the injector is stuck on the block. Can't get this one and I need my truck to go to work tomorrow. Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions on how to get it out?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So you lost the nozzle in the head. Now if you have another replacement injector just grind the body threads off the bad injector and screw it back into the hole. What you doing is trying to reattach it to the part that stayed in the head. Get that done then knowck it back and force to loosen the carbon grip on it. It will pop out then.

gandalf

Reaction score
So you lost the nozzle in the head. Now if you have another replacement injector just grind the body threads off the bad injector and screw it back into the hole. What you doing is trying to reattach it to the part that stayed in the head. Get that done then knowck it back and force to loosen the carbon grip on it. It will pop out then.

That's the way it's done. You will have eliminated the threads which hold the injector in the head, so it will slip all the way down to that nozzle. Just screw it on into the nozzle, and keep turning it as thought tightening it. It threads into the nozzle and breaks it loose. Then you can simply pull it out.

Picture of the doctored injector, with nozzle re-attached.

You must be registered for see images attach

gandalf

Reaction score
Nice pic Ken... Where do you store all these great pics...

Thank you, Gary. My pics are stored in the most handy spot I have, on my hard drive. I have lots and lots of pics, so the trick is keeping track of them all, and knowing where any specific picture is.

I don't trust the off-site picture hosting sites. Several of the larger ones have closed, with people losing all their pictures. Ask Mel about that.-cuss

And, of course, I backup my hard drives periodically in case they crash.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Gary. My pics are stored in the most handy spot I have, on my hard drive. I have lots and lots of pics, so the trick is keeping track of them all, and knowing where any specific picture is.

I don't trust the off-site picture hosting sites. Several of the larger ones have closed, with people losing all their pictures. Ask Mel about that.-cuss

And, of course, I backup my hard drives periodically in case they crash.

Now Ken, that wasn't pointed at me, was it? LOL :love:

I never realized all those pic's I posted are still on the OB server til just a couple of days ago, all 589 of them. ;Really :rotflmao

Yeah, it pissed me off when WebShots went out of business, lost a bunch on there, like Mel did.:mad:

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or do like the above posts... then put a heavy blanket or a board over it and crank the engine over WITHOUT starting it.

gandalf

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Now Ken, that wasn't pointed at me, was it? LOL :love:

I never realized all those pic's I posted are still on the OB server til just a couple of days ago, all 589 of them. ;Really :rotflmao

Yeah, it pissed me off when WebShots went out of business, lost a bunch on there, like Mel did.:mad:

No, Bill, I wasn't pointing at you, either your computer or the window when you threw the computer through it.:D I'll have to admit, though, that I was remembering your unfortunate occurrence while I was typing that post. A system crash is a terrible thing.

My worst crash, a non-recoverable crash, was once when I ran a registry cleaner. Yep, it certainly cleaned the registry. It cleaned it to the point where the computer would not boot.-cussThere was nothing I could do. I had to start over.:mad: I was pissed.-cuss-cuss Did I learn a lesson? Absolutely. NEVER run a registry cleaner.:yell: This has been confirmed on my favorite computer forum. They say the same thing, but in somewhat stronger terms.:yell:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I"ve run regclean many times, oh hell I've even gone further and done it manually...but...that's how I roll....kinda on the edge, sometimes over the edge, more often than not...off the map entirely!