6.9 engine pull question?

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in the middle of pulling my 6.9 from my c6. I undid everything and just broke free the bell housing bolts. Now I'm onto unbolting the flex plate from the torque converter. I'm stuck on how to get them. I have found them but I can't fit a ratchet on them even when I turn the engine over so it wasn't right up against the oil pan. Idk if there's a better way to attack these or not. Any help will be awesome thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 73

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Just had to do this. To get to the Torque Converter bolts Rotate engine I used a breaker bar and socket in the harmonic balancer you can turn it over clockwise or counter clockwise.

Check out my build thread it's explained in more detail there.

Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you get to the bolts through the starter hole? I can't really remember how,I did it when I did mine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A socket on the end of a breaker bar works very well. Just move the wheel till you can best reach the nuts.

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut my exhaust off and removed the starter and boy did that make life a hole lot easier! Was able to turn the engine over with a socket on the crank pulley and just spun her till I got the sweet spot haha. Finally got it out yesterday! Now time to degrease pressure wash then wire wheel and paint the engine bay then should have the 7.3 in! Thank you guys for you're help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 41

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news! Keep the pictures coming, you know we love pictures.....

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do! Thinking on doing a build thread soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger