6.9 EGT with Hypermax Pulse Turbo

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the concentration of combustion on the pistons, that is how they are made to take that, the pre-combustion chamber "SQUIRTS" THE COMBUSTION out of a nozzel to a center dish on the piston top which spreads it out.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesellawnman ron has told me about that truck holy cow. He has your truck tuned perfectly. You really need to get that intercooler on there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Intercooler.....:D:dunno
Problem is finding enough space to install one. I have two hypermaxt coolers here and just don't want to hassle the install mods that have to be made to the hat... The hypermax hat wont fit the Banks turbo. Needs to be cut down some to fit. Even reclocking the cold side will not help. If I had a tig welding setup I would just buy a new Banks hat and modify that to fit.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intercooler.....:D:dunno
Problem is finding enough space to install one. I have two hypermaxt coolers here and just don't want to hassle the install mods that have to be made to the hat... The hypermax hat wont fit the Banks turbo. Needs to be cut down some to fit. Even reclocking the cold side will not help. If I had a tig welding setup I would just buy a new Banks hat and modify that to fit.
come up to my neck of the woods for a few days with the truck :D
you know damn well we have the experience and equipment to make the install happen :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I don't know if any of you know about my truck or not but it is the one Ronnie Butt's diesel dog catcher on the boards has been working on and tweaking for a couple years now. Here's my numbers and you guys might want to sit down for this. Last year before I put head studs in I would hit 25lbs of boost no problem, crazy right! Here's what's done to it; banks sidewinder, moose pump, new stock injectors, Holley red fuel pump, 3" downpipe to 4" to a 8" tip (now its 3"-4"-5" elbow to a 10" stack!) This year after putting head studs in it I hit 18lbs of boost and the thing just takes off after getting it re timmed a couple weeks ago Ronnie and I were drivin the truck back out to my house I was in my 06 F-250 king ranch with a 6 leaker in it-it has a air intake and 4" turbo back exhaust and Ronnie was in my idi that I call "Babe". I was following behind him and he started to get on it and of course I was following not far behind until he put her to the floor board here's the crazy thing my 6.0 could not keep up with my idi. Ronnie and I were beside ourselves. I am going to Schied diesel extravaganza in 2 weeks and I am going to put it on the rollers to see what she does. We are thinking that it is in the 220-250hp range. I will post the sheet as soon as I get it.

Thanks for posting this. Ron called me that night he was so excited. If you get a chance, please get both of your trucks weighed, so we can take that into account. I have no doubt you couldn't catch Ron with your 6.0, but guys will pick this post apart, and it's good to have all the facts. You need more moosepower. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Ron called me that night he was so excited. If you get a chance, please get both of your trucks weighed, so we can take that into account. I have no doubt you couldn't catch Ron with your 6.0, but guys will pick this post apart, and it's good to have all the facts. You need more moosepower. LOL

And that's why I haven't posted anything about it as there'd be a crowd calling it BS.
Jon and I were talking more about this last night and his fiancé is driving the 6.0l down there as well. I asked him to put that one on the rollers as well to see where that truck is at too. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this one.

I'm still scratching my head on the outcome knowing what I know and what each truck is capable of.
Building it as a twin to Goldie should have provided the same results but they're nowhere close to each other.

Jon's truck has way more power that Goldie even by seat of the pants standards and is why I'm challenging Jon to get both trucks on the rollers next weekend at Scheids. If I wasn't on call that weekend, I'd be there to see it with my own eyes but will wait to see the dyno sheets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online