6.2 serpentine conversion

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
howdy!
glad you found our little corner on the web;Sweet
a serpentine conversion is not impossible to do but it will be much easier if you started with a complete 6.5 motor that already have the parts and accessories. If you have A/C, you will need the hoses as well as the pump, alternator and power steering pump. There is a rare few that also have the vacuum pump, but it is easier if you used the 6.2 pump. The timing cover and water pump is critical since the serp pulley is driven off the backside of the belt and the rotation is opposite to the v-belt setup. Lastly, any of the brackets and pullies will need to be converted over too.
Now.....after you have sourced all these parts, the good news is that the bolt -up is not problem. the depth of the harmonic balancer is the same for v-belt as well as serp.
hope this helps.
any other questions? ask away;Sweet

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.2 removed from a 90 or 91 C2500 it had a serp belt setup.

You can use any saginaw power steering pump with the proper pulley they will bolt in any bracketry .

The same goes for the A/C but it requires special tools to change the pulley over.

And the alternator is the same other than the pulley you can just get the proper pulley for flat belts.

Reaction score
Do any of you have a parts list? I ask because I doubt I will be able to get a doner 6.5. This is something I was hoping to do as well. Mostly so I can run some of the 6.5 upgrades on my 6.2. Now, being since I have a military 6.2, are there any differences I should be aware of before I try to start this conversion?