6.2 Injector Prime Problem

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year my 6.2 wouldn't start. So I figured out I had to crack the injector lines to get it primed and started.

The lines would dripple then after a few long cranks it would prime again.
I'd put the lines on and it'd start.

After this year and having to crack the lines a hundred times I figured out that if I park on my driveway backwards (my driveway is uphill) (the nose of the truck in running downhill) I don't loose prime because whenever I parked uphill it wouldn't start.

Now its into the winter and I parked on the street which is flat and it still lost prime to the injectors.

I checked the lift pump by taking the lines off it shot fuel out. Checked fuel filters they were full. I don't know why the injection pump keeps loosing prime.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have no idea where GM got the idea on such a long run for the fuel lines is beyond me. you do have air getting back into the system and that's going to be fun chasing down if yours is still stock. if you do need to burp the system, crack open the input line into the secondary filter and crank for a little while until there is no more air. hook the line back up and crank again. your purge time should be shortened drastically. the injectors are self purging, you shouldn't need to crack open the lines at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online