6.2 computer question

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 90 1500 w/ 6.2 Auto 4x4, it was shifting rough and the engine light came on so I suspected TPS or TV adjustment. When I put the scanner on it I found a TPS, MAP, and CTS code. I got to looking at the CTS and saw there was a wire tapped into, so I traced it into the cab to a toggle switch. ***? looking at my scanner when I flip the switch it disconnects the CTS. WHY would someone do this? LOL
I think the trans is a 700R4 so it shouldnt need any computer feedback should it? The last one I worked on just had a TV cable to control it.
I guess what I want to know is what does the computer do on a 6.2? My 91 suburban dosent have one that I know of.

Also I feel kinda stupid but I cant find the fuel filter on this truck, it has an electric pump on the frame and I've traced the line from the tank up to the engine and I'm not seeing one. :dunno

Black dawg

Reaction score
on mine it controlled converter lockup and cold advance.

off subject but hows the burb do on fuel?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never checked it but the member I got it from was sayin he got 18 outta it. Its a backup vehicle now and I'll probibly sell it to buy a TDI Jetta soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online