6.0L Banjo Bolt Mod

PDPRacing

SCT Custom Tuner
Reaction score
There are many ways of doing this MOD. Some might have a "remove less things" way. I personally like to work COMFORTABLE, meaning I like to get to the part without having to bust my knuckles, nor pushing stuff oout of the way.
You must be registered for see images

Here is what your Banjo Bolts should look like after the Mod:
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9416/dscn20071fy.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9988/dscn20088yb.jpg

1.) Make sure you Truck is Cool.
2.) Open Radiator Resv. Cap in case off pressure still being in the system.
3.) remove Air Filter box completely, you will need a flat screw driver so you can disconnect the rubber hose that attaches to your turbo, disconnect the MASS sensor plug, and the useless Air fill restrictor sensor. Now the Air filter box is ready to come out.
4.) Remove the 1 3/4" coolant line that runs for the coolant Resv. to the Radiator.
5.) Remome your CAC Tube ( The one that clamps on to the intake elbow on the top of your engine and runs down into your inter cooler ).
6.)I removed my top Radiator hose.
7.) Removed the electrical plug to my Engine Cooling Fan.
8.) Removed the shroud surrounding the the fan, and the fan itself from the engine.( Some have done it wihout this step! )
9.) Once the shroud and fan come up, WOW! You can see your motor!
10.) look for the bolt on each head, they cannot be missed! they have a metal fuel line running into each one, and the bolt feeds the head from the front.
11.) Remove a bolt at a time, I would recommend ordering the bolts & copper washer from IH before starting the project so they are already pre-drilled and ready to swap out.

12.) here is where you just do the Banjo bolt mod, or you opt to go with larger fuel lines, and talk to DJ about his Fuel Pressure Xcellarator. To bump up the pressure from a measly 40psi stock to 100psi of fuel pressure. Since everything is already in the front and visible, now would be the proper time for these upgrades.

13.) If you just want the Banjo Bolt done, repeat the step backwards to start putting back on your fan & shroud, and the radiator hose etc.

If this is not sufficient enough information, or you might have qeustions on the mod, feel fee to PM ME at anytime!

;Sweet

-PDP-
Pure Diesel Performance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online