#5 or 6

jdb32

Reaction score
Could one of you guys send me a picture or illustration of a #5 or #6 fuel plate. I am running a #10 right now, but I wanted to get a little more power, so I wanted a pretty good idea of what mine needs to look like whe I grind it down a little. Thanks.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
here ya go. these are the most common and a #100 will probably do just about anything you want because it will ease into the low end just like the #10 but will allow more power towards the middle where the #10 holds you back.

Attachments

• fuel plate profiles.jpg
    fuel plate profiles.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 18

Whit

Reaction score
I like the 100 best................holds back from the start then no limits at all

Attachments

• allplateprofiles.jpg
    allplateprofiles.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 50

jdb32

Reaction score
With #5 Plate

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. One of the other things that I was shown, is that you can turn up (is it the?) fuel line pressure by removing the large allen-nut located just to the right of where the fuel plate goes. Is there not a small valve in there that can be turned up, for added power? Let me know if that is not a good enough description, and I can take a picture.

Josh

Whit

Reaction score
the starwheel is under there ..........................One more adjustment you can make is the Starwheel inside the AFC. It is located inside the 8mm Allen head plug on top of the AFC housing. This Starwheel basically controls the preload on that AFC arm . Adjusting it forward lessens the preload while adjusting it backwards increases it. Once you have the AFC where you want it use this to fine tune the setting. You'll want to adjust this so that you only have a slight "puff" of black smoke under initial throttle. Any more and you are only wasting fuel. (Some people adjust the AFC and the Starwheel full forward in an attempt to get the truck to smoke. While doing this will make your truck smoke more, this is not their purpose. You will also raise your EGT's and possibly decrease power by doing this.)

Attachments

• starwheel.jpg
    starwheel.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 9