5" MBRP Question

brianjbeach85

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a 5" Turbo back MBRP exhaust aluminium one.. It says everything u need to do the job, but question Cat delete? that means where cat WOULD go will be a straight pipe? I only ask, because if this is the case do people swap out old OEM systems come time for inspections? or what.. Any help is greatly appreciated. how hard is the 5inch to install DIY style?

2005 6.0L F250..

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep cat delete will me they will give you a piece of pipe... cat back means you are keeping your cat and only replacing the stuff behind it.

Only problem you should have on getting it hung is getting it over the rear axle. All the exhausts on these trucks weather it be old ford to new ford or old dodge to new dodge is all about the same = straight shot towards the back and jumps over the rear axle... that is where it get harry and can sometimes make you want to drop the rear axle out in order to get it up and over. What I found works best is to jack the truck up and support the FRAME not the rear axle so that it droops down giving you just that much more room to work with...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin