2wd diesel lift.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had an idea the other day, that maybe since I dont need a 4wd truck, but wouldnt mind the look, that I should lift my old girl up and put some 37s or 35s on her. I have seen that they sell lifts for the 250,350 trucks, but they say with the lifts, not for 460 or diesel, does anyone know what gives? Does anyone know if they fit anywhere but some lawyer somewhere made them put that there? Whats the story?

Example...

It either I go up with her, or I source some dually parts, converter her, and maybe do air ride.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u make drop bracket for the middle and radius arm drop brackets out of 1/4 in Steel and copy a 4 we drop bracket and measure your springs go to the jy and find some springs.I think of the sheer weight is the concern with 7.3 460

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to say it's more of a concern for the coil springs themselves. F250's with the d50 have the same basic setup with the I-beams, but they are equal length and leaf sprung.

As far as I know, all 2wd trucks (except f-superduty) used f150-style beams and radius arms. So most of the lift kits should use thinner coil springs to achieve lift and ride quality. If you contact Deaver, National spring or Alcan, they can probably set you up right. The radius arm mounts aren't under too much stress, so the lift brackets would be fine

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the reason they say not for 7.3 or 460 is because the lift puts the fan through the shroud.. that's why the make chopsaws though, it's no big deal at all

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am confused, why would a lift have anything to do with the fan and the shroud? This isn't a body lift I am talking about.

I also am not going make home made i beam drops, when you can just buy them, I am just trying to see what the reason may be, I am probably just going to go for it.

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just go for it then u mite just wanna do an add a leaf if u go 4.5> u need drop bracket

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, twin I beam with coil springs. I think, but I am not sure, that the 2wd suspension from like my truck till like current is basically the same. they all look the same, but they may have changed it. The rear is easy being leafs, you just block it, shackle it, get new ones made, or any combination.

The front shouldnt be to hard either, just a matter of how to get there cheapish and reliabily, new springs, I beam drops, pitman arm drop. All in the goal to be on 35-37s no trimming.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be those would also exclude diesel. I think I am going to try and source a super duty spring in the front a diesel 2wd truck or something like that. I would like to be at 6", but those may also work.