69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
well my '99 rolled over 200000 miles ...still runs good, pulls strong, works hard for me every day for work and play. everything still works, (AC and all power options), though i did eliminate the auto hubs in favor of manual Warns when they failed.

i do get an intermittent ABS light, and the power steering/hydroboost pump is getting weak. tranny work as good as it ever did (that's not saying much), needs sway bar bushings too.

hoping to get at least another year or 2 out of it...maybe it'll hit 250k before i'm done with it :dunno

:cheers:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to have a 6 digit odometer...... so that you actually know that you have 200000 miles instead of 00000.0 I never understood the 5.1 odometers that Ford used for years even after the other companies switched over. The Dodges that I have a 6.1 odometer since the tenths of a mile is so important......:rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
i think the older ones the didn't figure that they would last that long and back then like in the late 80's and early 90's people wanted throw away cars - put 80 grand on them and trade them off so no need for more digits... vehicles today are engineered to run much longer although the car companies would still like you to trade up every couple of years but they are designing them to last longer and it shows. Just like in Rob's case - he's got 200k and she's still going strong.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has had the 6.1 odometers on canadian stuff since 81 or so. Not all of the trucks had them until about 84 or so, but, 60K miles(100K km) racks up pretty quick so it made sense.
What I don't get is why they didn't do it for US stuff too, it just would have taken an odometer gearing change to do it and use the same part.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Just another 155K and you'll catch my buddy whos still on the stock tranny and runs it like a rapped ape although he did have to put a new tq converter in it

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Sweet congrats! Glad I aint the only one with a ton of miles on a superduty. Mine had 242k when i bought it and still goin strong. I dont belive it has had anything else done to it besides glow plugs. Tranny is still original i think. Great to hear that these trucks even go higher in mileage with no probs. Maintenance is key. Mine still has the auto hubs too and they work.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
snicklas said:
The Dodges that I have a 6.1 odometer since the tenths of a mile is so important.

Well sure, thats so you can check the odometer to see if it's correct. I do that all the time on those test mile markers. Then turn around and run 60 MPH and check it with a stop watch. :D :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Rob. The Moosewagon is at 170K. Did the sway bar bushings a while ago. Cheap and easy fix for that knock under your feet. A new injector cup and new injector O-rings all around. :rolleyes: Spent more money on it than I ever spent on any repair.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That sway bar bushing must be a common problem on the Superduty chassis. My Ex is doing that, has since I bought it..... The dealer I bought it from had a 30day / 3000 mile warrenty. It was clunking, I took it in and they replaced all the ball joints..... still clunks. I just need to get the parts and get under there and fix it.....just annoying more that anything.....

I won't say anything about mileage, I still only need 5 digits to register my current mileage.....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sway bar bushing must be a common problem on the Superduty chassis. My Ex is doing that, has since I bought it..... The dealer I bought it from had a 30day / 3000 mile warrenty. It was clunking, I took it in and they replaced all the ball joints..... still clunks. I just need to get the parts and get under there and fix it.....just annoying more that anything.....

I won't say anything about mileage, I still only need 5 digits to register my current mileage.....

Brilliant: Now I know where my knock is coming from, hunted all over for something hitting the floor or frame. Every little bump in the road is giving me a foot knock, hurts my ingrown toe nails. :D

Thanks to you and Mel.

No comment on milage, only have 163,000, running perfect so far.