1997 and 2001 e350 and e250

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Got p0171 and p0174 codes on both cookoo one is mine and the other is My Buddy's van We fill at different gas stations. Manual says "heated oxygen sensor indicates lean condition", what does this mean?

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I found out it could be the MAF, I cleaned it but still nothing. Any ideas? Could spark plugs cause a similar symptom?

Thank You.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p0171 bank one indicated running lean
p0174 bank two indicated running lean
i would look for a vacuum leak first off. the code is telling you that the oxygen sensors are working correct due to it is running lean. look for any vacuum hoses being cracked or torn, then try to see if the intake gasket is leaking. you have a leak somewhere, and since you have both codes its on both banks (both rows of cylinders) could be as simple as the intake tube being loose after the maf sensor.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
p0171 bank one indicated running lean
p0174 bank two indicated running lean
i would look for a vacuum leak first off. the code is telling you that the oxygen sensors are working correct due to it is running lean. look for any vacuum hoses being cracked or torn, then try to see if the intake gasket is leaking. you have a leak somewhere, and since you have both codes its on both banks (both rows of cylinders) could be as simple as the intake tube being loose after the maf sensor.

I started a thread on the 911 forum here and You can see all the sensors I changed so far (including hoses and boots) but I still can't get it fixed. I take any advice as long as I can get this thing to work right.

Thank You.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online