1996 F-350 Died 10-22-10

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, glad your wife is OK. Bet it spun her around a couple times, looks like it got slammed pretty hard to knock the rear axle a foot back. Is the frame OK? What hit her?

You better put in a claim for a new set of ******* for the wife.:D

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, glad your wife is OK. Bet it spun her around a couple times, looks like it got slammed pretty hard to knock the rear axle a foot back. Is the frame OK? What hit her?

The truck was knocked 90*. She was hit by a GMC Envoy. Supposedly, the Envoy was attempting to brake from 35, but the damage says otherwise. The body was solid prior to the accident. I think the frame is ok. The damage is concentrated at the rear door and the front of bed. The front of the leaf spring was ripped right off the bushing eyelet.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sorry to see that happen to such a clean truck. Glad your wife is ok(gotta love being seated 3 ft off the ground).:rotflmao

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
Glad to hear your wife is ok. Sucks about your truck though. I hope you can rebuild it.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I remember looking at that post back in 2010 and thought that the truck was a gonner. Glad you got it back on the road, any pictures?

Archie

sassyrel

Reaction score
cm1,,why the salvage title????? if you bought it,,,without giving the title to the ins co,,it shouldnt be a salvage title...............or was it salvage,,when you bought it?????

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You better put in a claim for a new set of ******* for the wife.:D

Im know what the truck looks like, where is the pic of the, you know the other claim. :D :Banned

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cm1,,why the salvage title????? if you bought it,,,without giving the title to the ins co,,it shouldnt be a salvage title...............or was it salvage,,when you bought it?????

When an insurance company TOTALS it, it is scrap, you buy back the scrap iron then you salvage it. The other claim was unsalvagable. :eek: :D

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score

every state is different. you are correct in most cases, if you buy it back w/o giving them the title then it should still be clean but a history check will still show it salvaged.

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought the truck back, I had to go to MVD and get it transferred to a salvage title, then fax it to them.

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score
When I bought the truck back, I had to go to MVD and get it transferred to a salvage title, then fax it to them.

they are getting tighter and tighter with that and probably so in az. salvaged title doesn't matter as long as it is fixed right and especially since your keeping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726