1994 F250 4x4

Travis91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have 1 94 F250 4x4 with a 351. it has 4.11 gears, 33/12.50 BFG all-terrains and added leaf springs. I have grown up in this truck and absolutely love it. the only thing i don't love is the gas mileage. It gets around 12. what can i do to improve the gas mileage. i was thinking CAI, high flow cats and flowmasters, headers(cracked exhaust manifolds anyhow). is there anything i could do to gain mpg?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
headers will help, try to get long tube if u can. the intake is pretty efficent as is, just wrap it with some HVAC material (look up project mpg on google). advance the timing a little, add a higher voltage coil, good wires, set the gap a little wider on some cheap copper plugs and appropiate exhaust.

first question, how well was it maintaned? tune up (with said parts) will help.

second, how is ur driving style?

third, what model is it...reg cab? ex cab? etc...

fourth, tire pressure...

fifth, is this all city, mix or all highway

lastly, its a pretty heavy truck with a decent engine and manual trans. the tires wont help but they arent REALLY hurting it either.

Travis91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well maintained, dad is **** about his truck

i dont push it to the floor goin down the road im pretty easy on it

long bed reg cab

20% city 80 precent highway

tractorman86

Reaction score
if you have the meens try headers, hiflo cats, a decent H or Xpipe and a good muffler. is it the speed density injection system or the mass air flow system? a cold air system cant hurt but try to find one with a box so you can route outside air from the front.

tractorman86

Reaction score
a plastic sensor in the intake tube or the box? the speed density system has two hoses that run over to the throttle body from the filter

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
94 should be a e4od. my 94 f350 is getting 15-17 on the highway with 5.8l, 4.10s and e4od. I have a high flow muffler on it and thats it.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Change the EFI to Mass Air Flow (2-4 mpg)
Custom programming (.5-2 mpg)
Headers, free flow cats, X pipe, true duals (2.5" minimum)
Change the trans to E4OD and pick up another 2-3 mpg
Change lubricants to synthetics
Go from 4.10s to 3.55s
Take off the big tires and drop to skinnier tires that have less rolling resistance

Who am I kidding, the right thing to do is to pull that gasser out and put a diesel in. Agnem's son put a 6.9 in an F150 and gets high 20's/low 30's in the mpg department.

Most Cummins swaps, either 4bt or 6bt can get in the mid 20's or better and outpull that small block.

A properly tuned IDI in a truck that big with OD and proper gearing can do high teens/low 20's.

wpfd571

Reaction score
didnt know you could still get a c6 in 94, i think 12mpg is about all your gonna get out of it without overdrive. sure you could do headers and an air intake but for what is gonna cost to get 2 or 3 mpg its gonna take a long time to get your money back. my 93 f-250 had long tubes, 3" flowmaster and a k&n intake, had almost the same set up you do but with the e4od and got 14mpg most of the time

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk