1993 dana 60

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a 1993 dana 60 with matching 10.25 rear end, 4.11 and 4.10 respectively (i believe) for $200 (total), the guy says the front is missing the brake calipers (im assuming it shouldnt be too hard to source some). He says he has a tcase as well, but doesnt know what kind-only its aluminum (probably a 1356, but thats married i believe, and i need divorced). Also has a drive shaft (from a reg cab).

2 questions,

1) What do i need to stuff it under my 1991 crew cab 2wd (im expecting alot of fab work and am excited to get started)
i plan to totally overhaul the d60, freshen everything, i believe an RSK kit, and extend the front frame horns for the superduty springs?
2) i prefer a divorced transfer case, but is it worth my time getting this driveshaft, and eventually extending it, but will the yokes be the same on the one end as say an np205?

rob93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy those axles now. Even if you don't use them that would sell for 1000$ around here.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the RSK kit is the way to go, and the swap IMO just got a whole lot easier!

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sad, sad news friends :( i emaile dhim the instant i found the axle,s i messaged my friend who called him instantly (im out of the country) said he will pay for the axles today (he called yesterday) guy said ya ya ok cool. i emailed him saying i can either paypal him th emoney or my friend can paypal him, also texted him at 530 am this morning. never got back to me.
anywya, my friend calls him at 10 this morning, says hes coming down for the axles, guy says great c u then.
gets there in 30 mins flat, guy says he just sold the axles. says the other guy had more need for them, they woudlnt fit under my frineds jeep
1) yes they would,
2) they didnt even discuss anything my frined just mentioned he has a jeep so he cant pick the axles up
3) the seller is a dirt ****
4) im extremely sad and upset.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Another option is using a 70s F150 style radius arm front suspension...i forget who but u can get weld on C wedges and spacers for radius arms...might be a bit less fab in the end and a better ride. It'd be similiar to isntalling a 70s F150 axle in any TTB F150 or Bronco and its fairly simple.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Another way of looking at this is the guy may never even have had them and was scamming anyone that took the bait. ***** are everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online