1991 F450 spring spacing

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there is a 1/2 inch difference between the beam axle pad width and the dana 60 pad width, are they using a wider spring in the front or are the hangers and shackles spaced further out than the 4x4 ones???, i need to know so i know what parts to buy so i can do my swap, i want to have most of the stuff before i start, if the springs are the same width ill use them so i dont have to buy lift springs, ill just bust the rivets off and swap on the new hangers and use bolts to hold them on. another thing, how hard is it to swap a 2wd E4OD to a 4x4 E4OD??? just replacing the tailshaft with the coupler and t-case or do i have to replace the actual output shaft??? if it requires me to remove the whole output shaft i am going to use a divorced 205 with a twin stick. is there anyway to use a 10 lug adapter on a dana 60? i know they have 8 lug bolt on hubs to convert a single front to a 8 lug dually front but i want to keep the 10 lug, if i cant ill just use the 8 lug front and 10 lug rear, all i really need is a spare for the front, if i lose a rear i can run a single or drive with the dual flat, not fast just enough to get to a tire shop. steering is easy, i will just add a 4x4 drop pitman arm.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can answer the transmission question. To change 2 to 4wd or vice versa the complete transmission must be disassembled to switch the tailshaft which is the first part in and last part out.

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its getting a divorced 205 then, i called ford and the front spring hangers are different part numbers, so ill either get a used set from a junk 4x4 or ill just buy new and swap it over. probably just buy new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.