1990 6.2l Suburban with Banks turbo

mathblaster

Reaction score
I just bought a 1990 suburban with a Banks turbo on it. I don't know much about diesels or older suburbans. But I have been working on plenty of different vehicles for years.

There is a hole on the intake manifold on the drivers side that sucks in air. On the drivers side, there is almost the same thing except it has a rubber cap on it.

I haven't capped off the passenger side, because I just bought this suburban, and it might be this way for a reason. But...

When I look at the Banks manual I downloaded online, it shows that it should be capped off, but there should be a hose nipple there that I can cap off.

There are some pics below. Thanks you any help in advance.:thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is the location where the CDR tubes went into the intake if it was still naturally aspirated. cap it off and you have no worries.

mathblaster

Reaction score
OK, I'll cap it off. Can I get a part at NAPA to cap it off or will I have to track down some obscure part online? What would such a part be called?

Sorry for sounding so dumb, but its easier to ask these questions before I wonder into the parts store...

mathblaster

Reaction score
I put a compression plug in there, its probably not 100% airtight. But its going to have to work until I find something better.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That plug should work fine until you find something that seals well