1989 ford idi redone

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking thread. I have seen this over and over where someone shares something and all someone has to say is how they should have done it different. Just discouraging

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking thread. I have seen this over and over where someone shares something and all someone has to say is how they should have done it different. Just discouraging

Agreed, we don't all have the time or money floating around to necessarily do things the "right" way... The right way is what you want it to be. To hell with everyone else.

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOLi took my time going around every sqaure inch of this truck with my hand a piece of sandpaper,if the paint comes off the paint comes of hell its just a farm truckLOL

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks very good. I painted mine with ford blue mixed with black and a roller, Turned out ok.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck looks much improved! When I was that age, I don't think I would have been able to do it even that well. I would have just taped the trim, broken out the bondo and gone to town. Fact is, it will preserve it for a few more years and if and when you see that it needs to be redone you can revisit doing it better. Sometimes doing things wrong and learning from our mistakes is as important as doing it right. The resources are not always in place and when your growing up, taking the path of least resistance is just the natural thing to do.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Mel, You should be a motivational speaker. very good summary, couldn't have put it better myself.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now if I could just remember that when I'm talking to my own kids. LOL

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
nice looking truck man and nice looking paint job;Sweet....thanking about repainting mine a differnt color when i fix the rust;Sweet

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it would be something diffrent if i had custom stickers made like a ford tractor,where it would be black background with white lettering that would say ford 444 ci that goes on the fender and back to the back of the cab.haha