1987 f350 6.9 banks turbo help!!!

bigoilburner20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok its been a few years since I have been on here. I had a 1987 f350 dually crew cab 2wd with a 6.9 banks turbo diesel well.... Ok after buying and selling it back to the same old guy I finally have to have it I have a little girl and the ext. cab is just small.Went out to change the glow plugs.. seized so what do i do penetrating lube. soak for months, dont want to try heat, or last resort and go to a machine shop?? what do I do I really want this truck its just rotting away and needs to be saved any help is appreciated.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The use of Aerokroil is about as good as it gets. Its sold thru Kano Labs. They have a great offer. Buy two cans of anything they seel but pay for one. If after using it you are not happy with it return the unused can but keep the used can... I know you will not be returning anything unless your not being honest. The plug threads are easy to soak penatrating oil down into. Run the engine several times warming it up and letting it cool down. this hest and cool will expand the parts so oil can creep in. Then warm up the engine and try to loosen the plugs. The seal on the glow plugs is below the threads. The threads have on bearing on the sealing area. They just hold the plug in the head. Use some anti sieze on the threads and only use Motorcrat Beur glowplugs. Anything else is not going to work well.
http://www.kanolabs.com/

Last edited: