12* yesterday -12* today. Yikes!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
well that happened sooner than I thought it would. My landlord still hasn't installed a power outlet outside so I can't plug my truck in yet. -15 is about the limit for these rigs as far as my experience has been with starting unplugged. Starting to get a little worried it's gonna dip below that here before he gets that plugin installed.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Do you think an indoor wall outlet will hold up to the amps one of these heaters pulls? I have a 1200w external coolant heater in this truck, and honestly I've never used it. I've heard with it being 1200w I can run a timer on it and have it turn the heater on about an hour before needing to start the truck and it would be warm. The house I'm renting is over 100 years old, so just a little concerned about the amps the heater will be pulling through the old wiring in the house.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Do you think an indoor wall outlet will hold up to the amps one of these heaters pulls? I have a 1200w external coolant heater in this truck, and honestly I've never used it. I've heard with it being 1200w I can run a timer on it and have it turn the heater on about an hour before needing to start the truck and it would be warm. The house I'm renting is over 100 years old, so just a little concerned about the amps the heater will be pulling through the old wiring in the house.

thats roughly 10amps. A decent extension cord and a 15 amp circuit thats not loaded down with other stuff in the house and you should be a-ok. Chances are decent if the house is 100yo and a rental home it's had some wiring re-done on it. If you can get it plugged in from your kitchen you probably have a better shot of getting on a 20 amp circuit, then you'd for sure be ok. Worst case scenario w/ the extension cord you'll flip a breaker and find out real quick it wont handle the load. LOL

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Another advantage to plugging it in inside the home is that you can plug it in when you wake up and it will be warm and toasty when you go out to start it. PS Don't forget to unplug the truck (run the cord over your drivers mirror).

wmoguy

Reaction score
Another advantage to plugging it in inside the home is that you can plug it in when you wake up and it will be warm and toasty when you go out to start it. PS Don't forget to unplug the truck (run the cord over your drivers mirror).

Sounds like a good story there. :rotflmao Been there done that and got the T-shirt myself. :thumbsup:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I guess i shouldnt rub it in that i rode my motorcycle into work with shorts and a short sleeve shirt. 82F today. :D

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
While it's not -12 here it has been below freezing for a couple days. I think we need to package up some cold and ship it asians shop! :rotflmao;Poke:D

wmoguy

Reaction score
While it's not -12 here it has been below freezing for a couple days. I think we need to package up some cold and ship it asians shop! :rotflmao;Poke:D

Agreed! We are suppose to warm up to a whole 19 degrees tomorrow and I'm actually excited about that cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat