10 too many IDI engines.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
It seem's everyone in michigan is bringing their 6.9 7.3 trucks to the yard and selling them for scrap. I have a standing order for all the running engines but have now became overstocked. I know there's alway's a core for a reman engine but does anyone know if there is an outfit that buy's these engines for cores and sell's them to reman company's ?

tractorman86

Reaction score
And no doubt it's due to the high price of fuel.:mad:
My Cream Puff at the scrap yard...NEVER!

dosen't that just f***ing **** you off-cuss :mad: both fuel prices and people with no respect for a vehicle, nothen more than a hunk of money to them!!-cuss -cuss :mad: :mad:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could contact one of the big remanufacturers or you could list them here. Only bad thing is that the freight required to get one of these motors somewhere is pretty exorbitant.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey there IDI Man,
I am looking for one of the LH valve covers used on the factory turbo trucks, the one with the CDR mounted on top of it. Do you have any of those lying around?
I am in need of one to run a RDT from, because those valve covers have a baffle build inside of them keeping liquid oil from splashing up into the CDR. Makes them perfect for running a RDT from.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a matter of marketing really. I had a guy from NYC once contact me and told me that a running engine up there would cost several grand regardless of milage. He was willing to drive to my house and pick up the motor I wanted $800 for some years ago. He thought that was a real bargain. You just need to find a forum where guys don't know how to take care of these things. LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I've been looking for an IDI donor rig around here but they usually draw a pretty penny....I'm mostly looking for a spare IP, lines and etc as I already have a 7.3 long block.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there IDI Man,
I am looking for one of the LH valve covers used on the factory turbo trucks, the one with the CDR mounted on top of it. Do you have any of those lying around?
I am in need of one to run a RDT from, because those valve covers have a baffle build inside of them keeping liquid oil from splashing up into the CDR. Makes them perfect for running a RDT from.

I could use one of those too if you have two...

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
nebraska and cheeper.
just weld a 3/4'' elbow to the timing gear plate that covers the IP bolts.

just hook up whatever barb/hose you need. works great, and run to the air intake there is no oil in it, just offgassing.

my truck looses less than 1/2 a quart every 5k miles.

Drew

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i dont know what you need to get for them but it wouldn't hurt to have a spare laying in wait in case my new truck needs a transplant.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I still have a late 6.9 that I'd like to sell ( very reasonable). Its basically a long block-no heads. Its in Arbutus ( SW-Baltimore), MD

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Tim,
Although I intend to keep Big Red long term, if I were to burn out the IDI, I think I would go back with a Cummins. If you run across one, I'd like to know about it.
Love the truck, but could use more pulling power.

Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351