$10 heated seat installation guide with feedback

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday score was a half dozen of plug into the cigarette lighter :smoke: heated seat covers. They were only ten bucks each, and I figured I couldn't live with myself if they were decent and I only got one. I've been thinking about heated seats since I sold my Fusion as I really, really like heated seats and last year's relocation back to the Midwest made me miss heated seats even more.

I'm happy to report: these things are pretty OK. They don't get as hot as genuine heated sets, but they get hot, they have an high-off-low switch, and you can't beat the installation time of 30-60 seconds.

If you are looking for a cheap, mindlessly easy, simple (did I mention cheap?) upgrade, go get yourself one (or six) of these.

http://m.shopko.com/mobileProduct/H...tByColumnName=default&keyword=Heated car seat

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured they'd sell out, they were marked down 80%. I figured I'd post the picture just in case anybody saw heated seats that looked the same available anyplace else. Thanks for catching the link, I fixed it.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I got some waterproof seat furnaces for my boat a few years ago. Was about $60 for two pads about 12"x18" or so for the pads and a switch with some wires. Easy install: Remove a million staples, install seat furnace, slice for clearance to vinyl as needed, install a million staples. The staples part sucked. Imagine it would be easier to install in a simple bench seat with a few hog rings.

Has a small dead spot from slicing to allow vinyl to pass through (as instructions say to do if needed). Overall worthwhile along with building a heater using a Ramcharger heater core and misc bits, to entice people to drive for me early and late in the season. And it's nice to have a warm seat and hot air when getting out of 40* water.

Would be nice for the truck as my commute is short, but my commute is short so it's not a big deal. I get a little heat from the 460 truck on the way to work but the IDI tends to still blow cold by the time I get to the office except when it snows and I let it warm up to clear snow and such.