09- 10 seats in an older truck??

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody put 09-10 type vintage seats in a brick or OBS truck? Trying to decide what to do so if I need to do anything crazy with the mounts I can do that now with the cab off. Brick nose seats are like impossible to find in any reasonable condition around here.

Thanks!

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for seats that new, but I changed out the bench in my old 89 for one from a 96-97 f150 and all I had to do was drill or knock out the nuts on the bottom if the bench itself and it mounted in those same holes to the 89 seat tracks. All told it took about 20 minutes.

Last edited:

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone did King Ranch seats in there OBS. Search for King Ranch Seats and you should be able to find it. Good write up.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local pick & pull and look for a late model truck with bucket seats that has an adapter plate under them. The plate you want has the bench seat bolt pattern on the bottom set of holes and the bolt pattern for the late model bucket seats on the top, with a center console , for a 40/20/40 split.

I did it on my 92, once I discovered that ford had already made things easy for themselves.. cost me something like $40 bucks for the plate here.. your mileage may vary.

Cost me about 2 hrs at pick and pulls looking for the right donor truck.. 20 min to take it out and another 20 min to install my "new bucket seats" ... Truck went instantly from "ohhh damn, that hurts" to "hey, this ain't to bad"...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 Big thanks!!! that's useful information. Any idea approximately what years this work on? Oooo.. I have a 2001 Scab f150 sitting in the driveway... I wonder....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, question. I already have bucket seats and would like to update. Finding one of those adapter plates would seem to make adaption easier. Question I have is did they keep the seat side of the mounting the same for the later models? Or asked a different way, will my older seat brackets bolt to a newer seat. I may be pulling the seats out of the grocery getter for test fit....:confused:

I want to get this figured out while the cab is off. If I need to go underneath and weld new mount points in, its a lot easier with the cab off the frame.;Sweet

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we are going to find out. Scored a set of cherry 2011 buckets for way cheaper than I could get oem for this truck. And a grey console in need of a serious cleaning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ill put it in my build thread when I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 F150 reg cab supposedly. It will require an adapter which I am going to investigate buying but will probably make. The mounting tracks are a bit wider. I think it will be easier to mount the newer seats to the old tracks than the newer tracks to the old cab. Let you know when I get there.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet. I just got the frame sandblasted and now the holidays and work are getting in the way of progress. I'll try to remember to update this thread when I get there It should show up in my build thread too. I have a good feeling that things are going to go back together pretty quick. That's probably just sealed my fate....

First things first, need a cab installed before I need seats. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk