$00,000 Miles on My Truck

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Two days ago I was watching and waiting for the speedo to read 99,999.9....:rolleyes: Well... I missed it by 22.1 miles....:cry::oops: So I got to thinking just what really has that many miles on it.....:dunno Well all the wheel bearings, rear brake drums and the rear differancial gears and thats about it. I even think the gear oil in the rear end is original....:eek: I bougt the truck with eiter 34,000 or 134,000 miles onit. It was clean inside and out withnothing telling me it had more than 34,000 miles on it but who really knows.... Its been a wild ride thats for sure.... Remeber.. Its a lifestyle... Not a truck....:D Well I sure messed up the title. Why can't I fix it... It should have said 400,000 miles but guess the finger slip really has a true meaning. after all the money and work I have put into this rig....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Gary! I'm glad several thousand of those miles were used coming to see us at the Rally. It was a blast having you there and getting to see your truck.

Hope you can repeat a trip in July!;Sweet

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gary-
the Dana 80 on the rear of my carrier has 890k on it:eek:
two sets of wheel bearings though.
frame and carrier bed has just as much on it.
everything else has been replaced once or twice in the past;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Reminds me of the old story about grandad's antique axe. The handle has been replaced 6 times, and the head twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online