I sold my truck last saturday...

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't officially post it with everything else going on...but, I officially sold my truck last Saturday.

It was an interesting couple days as evidenced by the "help needed" posts I put on here. A gentleman flew down from Boston to buy my truck. I picked him up at the airport in the truck and then the damn thing wouldn't start.

Turned out that the starter kicked the bucket so we went out Saturday morning and got a new one, I installed it and everything was great. He gave me my full asking price ($5000, money I much needed) and drove the truck all the way home, 800 miles, to Boston, and made it without further incident.

Anyway...I wanted to give a big thanks to all of you folks here that have helped me out with my truck over the past four years. It was a great truck and I really hated to sell it, but I just can't afford a diesel truck right now with all the driving I'm doing to and from work. I hope to own another Ford diesel sometime in the future, that's for sure.

I told the guy who bought it that this was THE site to be on if you own an IDI diesel, and he told me he would check it out. ;Sweet I hope he does because I know you guys will steer him in the right direction. I think he will take good care of ol' Blue.

Again, THANKS to everyone here for making this the best IDI board you could ask for. It was a good ride. :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it had to go. Good job on passing on the knowledge. Please don't be a stranger, and I hope you hang around to share what you know. Maybe another IDI will be in your future some day.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Wow, you sure did well on the selling price;Sweet

I do not think you know what a good "functioning" truck is worth sir.
You told me my asking price was $2500 too high and I sold it for my asking price. :dunno Might want to re-evaluate all that.

Good luck with your future projects Ghunt!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I do not think you know what a good "functioning" truck is worth sir.
You told me my asking price was $2500 too high and I sold it for my asking price. :dunno Might want to re-evaluate all that.

Good luck with your future projects Ghunt!

It was a run of the mill, 17 year old truck with rust. he did good

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you had to sell your rig. But, you have to do what you have to do. If the guy flew from Boston and paid full price, he really liked and wanted your truck. I hope he finds his way here and I hope you find your way back into an IDI again one of these days.

Heath

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well everyone has to do what's right for themselves and their family as we've always said here. Drew and Brad...is there really any need to argue about selling prices? Where brad is from these things are going to be rustbuckets even sooner than 17 years unless it never sees the street or they don't use road salt. Down here in the South a heavy duty pickup will last as long as you care to rebuild the wear parts and drivetrain and you still like it and maintain it. 5000 for a 94 with not too much rust and all the goodies Ghunt's truck has probably looks great to a guy from Boston. I hear nice old vehicles are rare over that way, from friends that live in the area.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
who was arguing?

Why is it on this forum if I say "this" and you say "that" we are arguing and it obviously needs to get dealt with???
This is called human interaction, most of us do it everyday.... and sadly not everyone agrees with one another.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
who was arguing?

Why is it on this forum if I say "this" and you say "that" we are arguing and it obviously needs to get dealt with???
This is called human interaction, most of us do it everyday.... and sadly not everyone agrees with one another.

AGREED:D

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a run of the mill, 17 year old truck with rust. he did good

For being in this area and the age it was, it really wasn't too bad. I fixed the fenders back in the spring, and it had some rust in the bed floor around two of the bed mounting bolts. The rust that I attempted to fix on the tailgate was starting to come back as well. Other than that the body was pretty damn solid.

I had put more than $1000 into the truck in the last six months so I thought my asking price was pretty fair, hell it had $600 worth of new tires on it, new fender flares, new ball joints, rebuilt injector pump...

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
One thing you can't get around is change. Best of luck with the change in direction you took by selling your truck. The seller is happy, buyer is happy, what more could you ask for?;Sweet I do think the consensus says you will be an Oilburner around here even without your trusty steed:sly

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone ended up getting something they wanted and thats the way it should be. I too sold my 86 last saturday as well. I sold it to a good friend of mine though, I let him have it for $1k since he was over here for a solid week busting his butt to help me get my 93 running again. I know he will treat it right as he is pretty over protective when it comes to his cars.