No Heat

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
were do you get the Gates from?

Cold Air Distributors.

Rockauto has them too.

btw i should have clarified i wanted you to check for flow (temp) across the heater hoses. Someone shoved a steel ball under the fitting in the head of mine. But that motor was in another truck, had no idea until i replaced my heater core and when i yanked the hose off i wondered why no coolant came out.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i got my duralast h2o pump from AZ today along with a new heater core. i decided on getting a new heater core b/c my dad was telling my that there was the possibility of flushing it out and then it leaks. so i spent 25 bucks on a new one.

Got heater core put in. went really good.

Attachments

• Photo0349.jpg
    Photo0349.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo0350.jpg
    Photo0350.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo0346.jpg
    Photo0346.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 29

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i got my duralast h2o pump from AZ today along with a new heater core. i decided on getting a new heater core b/c my dad was telling my that there was the possibility of flushing it out and then it leaks. so i spent 25 bucks on a new one.

Got heater core put in. went really good.

The bricknose trucks are even easier to do a heater core in. If you haven't its a good time to add a shutoff valve for those hot summer months.

BTW if you search through my old posts, i had issues with the ready rad brand of heater cores from advance. They would leak when the truck was warming up and stop when it was hot. Not 1 but 2 did this. Finally stuck a ford one in there. btw i'd like to see pics of that vatozone pump/

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
The bricknose trucks are even easier to do a heater core in. If you haven't its a good time to add a shutoff valve for those hot summer months.

BTW if you search through my old posts, i had issues with the ready rad brand of heater cores from advance. They would leak when the truck was warming up and stop when it was hot. Not 1 but 2 did this. Finally stuck a ford one in there. btw i'd like to see pics of that vatozone pump/

Why put a shutoff valve in?

I will get pics for ya.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
When your a/c is blowing it is fighting the hot air rolling off the heater core, if one cuts off hot ass water flowing through the heater core it will lower air temps coming out of the vents. You need a heater core control valve for a 1996 ranger, put it inline with heater hoses by the fan box, direction really doesn't matter but its a cleaner install if you position the vacuum control valve towards the rear passenger side. There is a tiny vacuum line in the same location that plugs into a vacuum valve it is activated when your dash controls are set to either off or max, get a foot of tiny vacuum hose and a tiny T to run a vacuum line to the valve you just bought from this line. Mine was 17.99 at vatozone and leaks coolant all over the place; I will be getting a new one when I get back to my other house, if I were you I'd go elsewhere, like orielly's or even rockauto.com since there wouldn't be any urgency getting it. Sounds to me that your old heater core was clogged, the coolant that flows through it isn't under pressure so if it does get clogged it will simply stop working and one will never know. If you have trouble building heat in the winter I have found stuffing a feed sack from cattle feed in front of the radiator helps wonders.;Sweet;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
When your a/c is blowing it is fighting the hot air rolling off the heater core, if one cuts off hot ass water flowing through the heater core it will lower air temps coming out of the vents. You need a heater core control valve for a 1996 ranger, put it inline with heater hoses by the fan box, direction really doesn't matter but its a cleaner install if you position the vacuum control valve towards the rear passenger side. There is a tiny vacuum line in the same location that plugs into a vacuum valve it is activated when your dash controls are set to either off or max, get a foot of tiny vacuum hose and a tiny T to run a vacuum line to the valve you just bought from this line. Mine was 17.99 at vatozone and leaks coolant all over the place; I will be getting a new one when I get back to my other house, if I were you I'd go elsewhere, like orielly's or even rockauto.com since there wouldn't be any urgency getting it. Sounds to me that your old heater core was clogged, the coolant that flows through it isn't under pressure so if it does get clogged it will simply stop working and one will never know. If you have trouble building heat in the winter I have found stuffing a feed sack from cattle feed in front of the radiator helps wonders.;Sweet;Sweet

Thanks for the write up but my A/C does not work so it does not matter. my a/c is both windows down and my triangle window openLOL;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Here is the wireing.:dunno

Attachments

• Photo0362.jpg
    Photo0362.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo0363.jpg
    Photo0363.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0364.jpg
    Photo0364.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo0365.jpg
    Photo0365.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0366.jpg
    Photo0366.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo0367.jpg
    Photo0367.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0368.jpg
    Photo0368.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 7

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
FWIW the last pic on your wiring post is your abs brain, and all the multi colored "wires" are actually vacuum lines to control vents. What problem are you trying to address by showing those pics?

Water pump looks pretty standard, a tip when changing it: pull bolts out of old pump one by one and put in same hole on new one then when old is off put bolts back into old, put new on and pull bolts out of old and put into new then bolt down, this is because they are all different lengths and you don't wanna get them mixed up. Happy wrenching!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
FWIW the last pic on your wiring post is your abs brain, and all the multi colored "wires" are actually vacuum lines to control vents. What problem are you trying to address by showing those pics?

Water pump looks pretty standard, a tip when changing it: pull bolts out of old pump one by one and put in same hole on new one then when old is off put bolts back into old, put new on and pull bolts out of old and put into new then bolt down, this is because they are all different lengths and you don't wanna get them mixed up. Happy wrenching!

i really was not trying to accomplish anything with the pics of hte wires. just showing that there is nothing going to the abs computer and that wires have been cut and chagned.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I have a spare wiring harness from my parts truck I'll sell for cheap, its from an 89 f150 w/ some small block V8 but the dash wires are the exact same as ours I'm pretty sure. Your decision.