New dome light and other goodies

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped by one of the local junkyards yesterday to poke around and see what I could find. I needed a light switch, drivers side mirror, door hinge pads, and whatever else I could find while hunting in the rain.

One of the cooler items I picked up was this:

You must be registered for see images

As you can see, I held up the stock dome light to show the difference. The new dome light came out of a '99 Taurus. It bolted right in, the only mod I had to do was carefully break off a plastic tab that interfered with the mounting. The light output from the new dome light is at least twice as good as the old dome light. ;Sweet (Thanks to RJ for the idea.)

I got a new drivers' side mirror for $6 (I broke my old one searching for firewood in the nearby National Forest :mad:). And I found a trim ring for the HVAC controls and radio in great shape for $5. Can't beat junkyardin'! :thumbsup:

(Shameless plug: If you want the old dome light, check out the 'Virtual Bone Yard' area and look under the 'Various Free Stuff' post.)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
that looks great!!! iv been meaning to go out and get one of those for mine. I hate that stupid metal one haha. Im going to go look for a roof console thing as well..i was told the broncos had them..

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ive been told you can use the overhead console from a Ford Explorer, as long as you also pickup the mounting bracket with the console at your local junkyard. Ive seen pictures somewhere but can not remember where, it may be over on PSN where I seen it.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I did the dome light swap with all my Pre's, also have about 15 extras heh. I also have an explorer OHC but never installed it...not to bad it seems to put in.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Id like to figure out a way for the dome light to stay on when I get in and close my doors, maybe make it go off a few seconds after I get going. Ive seen many vehicles that way.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Id like to figure out a way for the dome light to stay on when I get in and close my doors, maybe make it go off a few seconds after I get going. Ive seen many vehicles that way.

a BCM control those. You dont have one., remember the simplicity of a idi

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a timer for an application like that. They use them at my work. Made by Artisan. A relay would be required in addition to the timer. You can wire different rated resistors into them to alter the elapsed time. I plugged one between my manual glow plug button and an LED in the dash so it lights up after the glow plugs have been lit about 6 seconds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
440wagon

Staff online