ATS turbo instructions? Turbo ?'s

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I know they were on the website long ago,was wondering if anyone here had a set they could post up?

I am wondering what to do with my GP relay and wires. Seems that things will be a little tight behind the turbo!

Thanks
PZ

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also be interested in this info. I'll hopefully be picking up an ATS turbo from the wrecking yard and have know ideal on the installation process.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a link on their website for it, but it redirects you back to their website, instead of the instructions!!

PZ

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I talked to ATS last month and they assured me the IDI turbo stuff isn't going away. I pulled their install instructions up once and a short time later the site did exactly what you said. The tech said they are revising their website and it should be together early this year.:dunno My controller is on a custom mount above the driver side rocker cover. I'm not sure if its ATS supplied or not. It has a rubber pad on the bottom and mounts to the CDR bolt on the ATS supplied rocker cover. I had to tighten the mounts once to make a grounding (lack of) issue go away but it seems to be in an ok place to me.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put the controller on the fenderwell and get it off the engine heat, it also shortens the main wires to it and eliminates the burning connector. Lengthen the GP wiring and good to go. The trigger wires can be taken out of the loom and routed easily to the fenderwell area.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ is right, I love having the GP controller there. I had already relocated mine before the turbo project and it made it nice to not even have to think about that issue. Plus while it may not be cool in the fenderwell at least it's a lot cooler than being exposed to all that engine and turbo heat.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
does anyone know what part number 28 looks like? Its a T blind for the #7 injector. Sounds like its a special return line cap. Whats so special about it? And do I need it?

PZ