BANKS DOWNPIPE

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Banks Performance last week about the downpipe they made for the 7.3 idi factory turbo that was discontinued. I found out today they are going to be retooling and making me a downpipe for my truck to fit the factory outlet of 2.25". They told me the workorder is for 6 of them so they will have 5 left on the shelf. Now's the time to order one. They are retooling and running them off next week. It is a 3" pipe with the 2.25" flange on it.

fullsizebronco

Reaction score
i would be all over this a few weeks ago as i just put 3'' pipe not from the turbo :( on my truck into a 5'' stack :) but now im laid off from work for who knows how long

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is gonna be right around $111.00 shipping included. I am sure that if enough orders go in quick they will run them of next week when set up the equipment. hope this helps

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to the rally? Wundertucky is pretty close. I'm right in Island lake

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
626-969-9600 ext. 4310 rick is his name he was real helpful. I race vintage stock cars in the midwest. I have a 68 ford torino bobby allison replica #29 white over gold car. I am planning on going to the rally for a couple days just not sure which days. I would be a fool to miss it ,it is only about 25 minutes from wondertucky (wonder lake) as most of us around here know it.

94ididiesel

Reaction score
Ok so i just call Banks and talked to Rick and he told me that the only down pipe they offer is for the banks side winder kit. So let me get this stright you have the factory ford turbo kit made by ATS and he told you they were go to make down pipes for that? Because he was lost when i talked to him. Do you have a part# from Rick by anychance?:dunno

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
part # is 52103 this is the downpipe for the ats stock 2.25" outlet housing with the v band. thats the number i gave them and they agreed it was the correct part.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yes, Banks made a Stinger exhaust system for the 94 ATS equipped trucks that upgraded the factory Ford POS exhaust, my moms crew cab has the whole stinger exhaust on it. The down pipe is well worth the money.

94ididiesel

Reaction score
Ok i call back last week and talked to someone else and got it ordered:Thumbs Upups just delivered it and my question now is do i need to wrap it with insulation before it is installed?

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet we need pics! I'd like to order one too for my factory turbo.