Cheap fix for body bushings

Reaction score
My dually needs body bushing and I cannot afford a new bushing kit right now. Normally I would just wait until I could, but this truck has to be on the road as soon as possible. So, I started digging around to see what I could find. I sent many of these polyurethane bushing home while I was in Iraq. They were getting thrown away and I knew I could use them here. I am not saying this should be a permanent fix, but it does work out well if you are on a budget. I used a collar inside the bushing so they will do their job and not just get crashed. I also used a washer that fit the six sided hole in the body mount then drilled it out to fit the collar. So it all interlocks nicely. The new bushings are a bit taller than the old but not by much and I think they would be the same height as new ones any way. I know using the correct store bought parts is a much better way to go and I intend to do just that once we get back on out feet. But I figured this tip might help some of you out there in case you have a similar problem.

EDIT:
I know the paint on the frame looks like ass, but without the proper prep tools and materials I am lucky it turned out at least that good. That will get blasted and looking good during stage two of this build later on.

Attachments

• DSC03821.jpg
    DSC03821.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03823.jpg
    DSC03823.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03824.jpg
    DSC03824.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03829.jpg
    DSC03829.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC03830.jpg
    DSC03830.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC03822.jpg
    DSC03822.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 18

sassyrel

Reaction score
lones--WHATEVER works man--its all good--redneck engunearing at its finest!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao

sassyrel

Reaction score
polyurethane bushings are used in spring leaf pivots--and last near forever--me thinks ozone in the air breaks down the factory ones--andddd--they are much softer than hockey pucks!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao