****..... she is good!

tractorman86

Reaction score
i need some advice from someone who has built a water/**** inj system. i was looking through a Northern tool catalog and saw a 200psi 16 gal treesprayer system. wouldn't that be a good start for a home built system, just add your nozzle in the intake and run it off of an electric actuator.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would think that you would need more tha 200psi of pressure, but it might suffice. And it depends on how you wanna trigger it. Do you just wanna trigger it with a switch, or with a switch and throttle device (so if your close to WOT it engages it).

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a guy on here a few years back (F350Camper I think) that did a homemade water/**** injection system. It was "Splash".........WOW, I just remember there is a Tech Article on it......CLICK HERE

Be careful.....Travis killed the Enterprise with a home water/**** setup.:D

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. Travis did crack all of the pistons but... He was spraying in so much water-**** that it was putting out the flame and hydrolocking the motor.. Just a weee bit to much ehh travis(aka goat boy).....:D

tractorman86

Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao i thought the title was cleaver... i remember that now, i just couldn't remember names. he had a 100-120psi pump so 200psi aught to be good for better atomization i think i will put it on a happy trigger :D i just wonder what kind of tip to use, i will have to use his experience as a model and BENCH TEST BENCH TEST BENCH TEST i'll keep track of it and do a writeup. wont be of that calibur but i'll do my best

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Dayum jake, you take all the good ideas..... I'd love to run a water/**** setup on my truck.......My luck I'll blow it up though...... Definitely try and do a writeup on it! I have read through the "Splash" tech article, it's pretty good! Good Luck!!!

sassyrel

Reaction score
as ican said--travis was pushing nearly TWICE the amount of water that camper was---and did what he said---the way camper had it set up--would harm nothing---

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep... I killed it with drugs - ran great for a while - I was dooly mpressed to say the least.... Now as stated I was pushing a wee bit more mix in than Rob was. If you follow his lead to the letter you should be ok but try to go more and we know what happens. Now for the 200psi vs the 100 psi I think Rob built his system to - I would recommend checking your flow rates, I would expect a little better atomization but again CHECK YOUR FLOW RATES.

Now how I did my system for wiring was this...

Pump is armed by a toggle switch that I would turn on and the pump would build pressure.

I used a lock off solenoid so that no injection would happen - this was triggered by an oil pressure switch (stock one for the IDI) that was mounted in the intake hat so that when the boost was up to 7 psi it would turn ON the solenoid so that water would flow. What I found was that once it turned on it would actually stay on until until the pressure inside the intake horn would drop to around 5 psi (if memory serves).

I did it this way so that it would be automatic if you will, so that I could just arm the system then as demand from the truck asked for water/**** injection it would get it. Now pulling a trailer it was great because when you would start up a hill it would automatically turn in on but let's say that you were hauling into a head wind - it would pretty much be on all the time if you were trying to run 70mph because the boost would be up to 7psi or above all the time. So your water consumption would be high at least at the flow rates I was giving her.

More is not actually better in this case so just keep track of your flow rates.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing like walking into an auto parts store, and gathering all the visible windshield washer fluid, then say to the clerk with a wild eye'd gleam wringing his hands and saying "do you have any more?! Bruhshahahahahhahahahahqahahah.,.....".

Trust me. I've seen it. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Nothing like walking into an auto parts store, and gathering all the visible windshield washer fluid, then say to the clerk with a wild eye'd gleam wringing his hands and saying "do you have any more?! Bruhshahahahahhahahahahqahahah.,.....".

And I do believe there's even a oil quick change shop involved somewhere as well too.LOL

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just say no! <-- isn't that a drug campain slogan?
It would suck to get busted by the cops for **** use. They might even tack on a charge for not paying proper taxes.
After you leave the parts store they'd be joking all day about the **** addict
'Limit 2 bottles of **** per customer' and 'Must show proper I.D.'

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score

I remember that :eek: LOL
Just say no to drugs kiddies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online