Here you go guys the D-C truck video

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
Gay as he may be here they are. Sorry about the shotty camera work I am not a pro. cookoo

Attachments

• jethro section 1.wmv
    636.8 KB · Views: 302
  • jethro section 2.wmv
    1.7 MB · Views: 271
  • jethro section 3.wmv
    899.3 KB · Views: 238
  • jethro section 4.wmv
    1.4 MB · Views: 306

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hmmmm,wonder how hard it would actually be to hook the semi brake thingy to actually set the parking brakes.Shouldn't be too hard.Just have something pull the parking brake cable.Dump the big ol honkin pedal in the cab.Maybe actually hook up a semi parking brake so that it won't release until the air system is up to a spacific pressure so unless you have air pressure the truck can't be moved.Kinda an anti-theft device and a cool "Toy".You would have to hook up a safety release incase of pump failure.And sure would suck to blow an air line at highway speed......

Last edited:

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
If you loose air supply to the parking brake it equals about a 60# brake application. It shouldn't lock the wheels up on a semi, but you may have adjustment issues with a smaller vehicle :eek:
Best bet for a parking brake would be a medium duty hand applied style that mounts behind the tranny. As far as the main brakes go, a treadle valve should be straight forward to install, and you may even be able to use the stock brake booster, plumbed on the other side of the diphragm :thumbsup:
James

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I am with you guys. If the brake actually did something it would be cool, but to just blow air for sound effects doesn't do much for me. Maybe tuck that air outlet up under the passenge side seat!!! Now that would be cool. Air horns sound great and the truck is awesome, great job and the rain caps on those stacks ;Sweet I like it!!! Maybe I am just to old to appreciate the toys.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
I am with you guys. If the brake actually did something it would be cool, but to just blow air for sound effects doesn't do much for me. Maybe tuck that air outlet up under the passenge side seat!!! Now that would be cool. Air horns sound great and the truck is awesome, great job and the rain caps on those stacks ;Sweet I like it!!! Maybe I am just to old to appreciate the toys.

Sle2115,
Glad to hear that you appreciate the rest of the ole girl even though the air sound doesnt fit into your cool category! ;Sweet
It doesnt have to be fuctional to be cool......for example I have had the big rig shift knob with splitter buttons for several years! The buttons dont do anything but they are cool nun the less! Makes a good place for my radio remote too.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice sounds! I like the stacks... Looks pretty good. I'd maybe bend 'em a little farther apart if I have them on my truck.

The air is nice... would be better if it were functional. Good work, though! Very nice rig!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
Sle2115,
Glad to hear that you appreciate the rest of the ole girl even though the air sound doesnt fit into your cool category! ;Sweet
It doesnt have to be fuctional to be cool......for example I have had the big rig shift knob with splitter buttons for several years! The buttons dont do anything but they are cool nun the less! Makes a good place for my radio remote too.

I just don't like non-functional, never have. If it don't do something, it has no place in my rig, but that is just me. I really like your truck as I said. It is a sharp looking rig and hopefully I will find one similar in the near future (if I decide to stay at my current position closer to home, still up in the air about that one). As far as the air brake sound, I will also say two thumbs up for realism, sounds cool and realistic as do the air horns. And as I always say, if it "if it vibrates your tweater, then do it" doesn't have to vibrate mine,if it is cool to you it is your truck. Again, nice rig, I like it!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Nice rig there D_C! I liked how I could hear the turbo whistle when ya downshifted er ;Sweet Good stuff, keep it up! N it deffintaly falls into the "my kinda cool" category!

:draw

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I must say awsome truck. That makes me wish I kept my 97 stroker. I have couple questions though My dad has a 99 SD with a Banks exhast brake and it only hissssssss's when he turns it on. Just wondering why yours makes the much cooler big rig sound. And second do you have any pictures of your air horn setup and how you made it work up above your head like that? Thanks David

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
ClassicIDI said:
First I must say awsome truck. That makes me wish I kept my 97 stroker. I have couple questions though My dad has a 99 SD with a Banks exhast brake and it only hissssssss's when he turns it on. Just wondering why yours makes the much cooler big rig sound. And second do you have any pictures of your air horn setup and how you made it work up above your head like that? Thanks David

ClassicIDI,

Thanks for the complement!

First to answer your question about the exhaust brake.......there is NO exhaust brake on my truck! The older engines before the powerstroke had a cackle sound to them when you let up on them. I have found that the factory turbo IDI engine has the most cackle and that just happens to be what is in my truck. The newer trucks do not sound the same nor can you make them sound the same it is just the nature of the beasts.

I do have picture of my air horn setup , however, I am still working on getting them posted to my webshots. I will make a post in this thread to let everyone know when I get the pics posted should be some day this week.
As far as making the "horn" work above my head all I did was make a small aluminum bracket to attatch a lanyard valve to. Then there are two air lines that run up to the valve. One is the pressure line from the tank and the other is the line running to the horns. The hardest part about the lanyard was making a good looking bracket to mount the lanyard valve to, and cutting a slot in the pillar molding for the lines to come through to the valve. Other than that it was pretty painless. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!